Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dos días mas... / Two days more...


So yeah, certain domestic troubles are forcing me to postpone my departure until Monday. But then it turns out that Monday is a national holiday: Christopher Columbus Day, commemorating how our Ancestors massacred and pillaged the New World. With no intention of following the dreadful example set by my greedy predecessors, I do find it perfectly appropriate to begin my own discovery of the Americas on the day we honor Mr. Columbus and celebrate the Hispanic heritage.

In finalizing the preparations for my trip and focusing on the journey ahead, I find myself awaiting the arrival of Monday in anticipation like never before. This surprises me because we all know Mondays are not particularly loved by the modern man and although I may not be very modern, I am inevitably and inexcusably a man.


Happy Columbus Day!

Pues eso, problemillas caseros me fuerzan a posponer mi partida hasta el Lunes. Por otra parte, el Lunes resulta ser en este país la fiesta nacional del Día de Cristobal Colón, en la que se celebra cómo nuestros antepasados masacraron y expoliaron el Nuevo Mundo. Sin tener ninguna intención de seguir el inefable ejemplo de mis avariciosos ascendientes creo sin embargo que el comenzar mi descubrimiento personal de las Américas el día en que el señor Cristobal es homenajeado y la hispanidad celebrada no podría ser mas apropiado. 
Así que ultimando preparativos y concentrándome en la ruta, ansío la llegada del Lunes como nunca antes en mi vida, pues bien es sabido que los Lunes no son precisamente amados por el hombre moderno. Y yo, aunque me pese, quizá no sea muy moderno pero si soy, definitiva e inexcusablemente, hombre. 



No comments:

Post a Comment